Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pinteresting! (Making edible playdough)

Before the summer started, fearful of the prospect of entertaining a three-year-old all day, I went on a Pinterest binge trying to find fun, engaging, slightly educational activities to keep us busy this summer. I was super ambitious (on Pinterest, that is), and the reality of having an infant and a preschooler is that I don't have the energy to make 200 types of moon dough or make homemade sidewalk chalk. With it being so hot outside, I didn't really want to do anything super messy that couldn't be done in the air conditioning. I decided that homemade play dough would be a good compromise. Because I've been on a sweets kick lately (gestational diabetes kind of backfired on me there), I decided that edible play dough would be fun. I used this recipe and it was perfect! So easy and required no cooking! It wouldn't be good for anyone with a peanut allergy, obviously, but I'm guessing it could be altered to use a different kind of nut butter. Andrew loved it and we both thought it was quite delicious (so did Tucker)! It bought me an hour or two of Andrew entertainment, and for my not-craft-loving boy, that's pretty good!
Working Playing hard!

Of course they have cool boyish play dough toys! We got ours at Target, and it was on sale! 

Check out that concentration...


But it's fun, too! (And yummy!)

Ben thought the play dough sounded super fun and wished that he could play! 

No comments:

Post a Comment