Saturday, August 3, 2013

Sea World - Encore Edition

Since we had so much fun at Sea World, and purchased Fun Cards (not me, mine was free because I'm a teacher!), we decided that it would be a good idea to go again. My mom wanted to come and Jonathan had to work, so she and I took the boys to Sea World this past week. It was a ton of fun, just as it was before. We got to see some things that we hadn't seen the first time, returned to some favorites (the sharks!), and enjoyed our time together. The only downside was that it was HOT! It was hot the first time we went, but it was more humid this time, and it felt miserable. We ended up leaving about 1:30 just because it was so hot. Honestly that does seem to be the best way to enjoy Sea World with small children - in chunks! We never feel pressured to see everything because we know we can go back to see more later. This time we were able to see the penguins (kind of a disappointment to me - and I think Andrew enjoyed the moving sidewalk more than the penguins!) and the Sea Lion show (Cannery Row Caper - Andrew seemed just old enough to enjoy this, although I think he might have enjoyed it more if he were closer and could see more of the action). One great find was this shady playground near the Pets Ahoy stage. Andrew loved playing, it was very shady and fenced all around (important for little ones who can escape), and they had tables just outside the playground fence. Mom and I enjoyed our lunch while Andrew worked off some energy! Overall it was a great trip, and I'm so thankful my mom came along to enjoy it with us!


Poor Ben is going to think all you see at Sea World is a fan!

Again, Andrew LOVED the Shamu Express (or the whale train, as he calls it).

Fun on the carousel with Gabby

He got to meet Franklin (which he's never read the books, so he doesn't know who this is), and I think he was unsure what to do. We kept trying to get him to pose, but he just wanted to talk and stand there by him. He wasn't scared though - so that's a plus!!



No comments:

Post a Comment