- On sharing - We went to visit my friend Sarah and her new sweet baby, Chase. While we were at their house, she had another friend visit with her 3 children. During the visit one of her boys got out some graham crackers to snack on. I look over at Andrew and I notice him chewing, and I see one of the little boys holding a cracker with a big bite out of it. I asked Andrew if he was eating his cracker and he tells me, "Yes mommy. I was sharing, and sharing is a good thing!" He has also been really into sharing when he doesn't want something. As in: Me - "Andrew, you can have a popsicle when you finish your sandwich." Andrew - "Mommy I want to share my sandwich with you. I'm sharing!!"
- On driving - We were driving home from the grocery store and Andrew shouted up to the front - "Mommy I want you to speed!" I told him that I couldn't speed too much or I would get in trouble with a police officer. He replied, "Could you just speed a little bit?" Oh, a boy after my own heart! And, do you think the my-toddler-told-me-to defense would work?
- On Tucker not being the brightest dog - I was bitten by the chalkboard bug that has been all over Pinterest and decided to try my hand at making some for our house. We had some canvases sitting around from when we painted some for Andrew's room, and so I decided to make three of them - one for Andrew, one for Ben, and one for our entryway. For Andrew's and Ben's I first put scrapbooking letters on the canvases, so that when I painted them I could remove the letters and have their names left in white on the black chalkboards. I thought that we could use them for first day of school signs, to record milestones, and for the boys to play, draw, and practice writing. Andrew of course loved this and wanted to draw on his right away! Tucker, for some unknown reason, decided to come over and lick the chalkboard. Andrew got very upset and came up to me shouting, "Mommy! Tucker licked my drawing board! I think it's a drawing board, but he thinks it's a cracker with letters!"
- On avoiding the dentist - So we finally took Andrew to the dentist! (More on this in another post.) He did NOT want to go. We were expecting this, since he hates having anyone look in his mouth. The morning of the appointment, he was trying everything to get out of going. The following conversation ensued. Andrew: "I want to stay at home!" Me: "No, we are going to the dentist." Andrew: "But I'm sick! AAA-CHOOO! (Fake sneeze) I've got the germs, Mommy!" Oh, Lord! What are we in for in the future if he's already trying to Ferris Bueller his way out of things?!
Wednesday, August 7, 2013
Things Andrew Says, Vol. 8
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment