Likes: You still love people most of all. You are a smiley guy, and you love to talk to people. You are starting to like toys more and more - you will bat at the toys on your play mat and the froggy toy on your carseat. We have also given you Sophie the Giraffe and you love to chew on her (when you can get her to your mouth). You LOVE to be on your belly. You've never disliked tummy time like Andrew did, and now you definitely prefer to be on your belly. You seem to like your thumb - I think you may be a thumb sucker. You kind of like the pacifiers, but you seem really content when you get that thumb in your mouth. It's pretty cute - you stick your thumb in there and spread out your other fingers over your face. I want to get a picture of it! You seem to be recognizing all of us (Mommy, Daddy, and Andrew) and like it when we are around and interacting with you.
Dislikes: Again, it's hard to think of things that you dislike. You are a pretty easy-to-please little guy! You occasionally will get upset if we set you down before you feel like we should. Or if we set you down and walk away (like if I'm trying to make dinner!). But overall, you are pretty happy and we are so thankful for your easygoing demeanor!
Eating: You are eating well and growing, and I'm so thankful that you seem to be a champ at taking bottles while I'm gone at school!
Sleeping: You are still a wonderful sleeper, although we have had a couple rough nights this month. I think you went through a growth spurt/developmental leap (see below), and we had a few days last week where you were tough to get to sleep and woke up more frequently than normal. I think your body was tired but your brain was up working on all these new skills! Prior to that, you were going down about 8:00-8:30 and sleeping until 3-4. You would then go back down and sleep until 7-8. Now you go down about the same time and are getting up about 1-2 times a night. You're a little less predictable now, and I'm eager to see how school affects your sleep. You're having to get up quite a bit earlier, so I'm thinking you might need an earlier bedtime!
Skills: This has been the month of amazing new skills! The most amazing thing is that you are a roller! Not just occasionally, but all the time, and all over the place. We put you on your play mat, and you end up a foot away on the floor because you've rolled and scooted your way off! At night we put you on your back or side and you roll almost immediately to your belly. You have become a belly sleeper, and although I think this disrupted your sleep at first (you were up a lot wanting to practice this fun new skill!), I'm hoping it will help you sleep through the night because it's more comfortable for you. You have also been working on your back and neck skills this month. Although you're not close to sitting, and don't seem quite ready for the Bumbo, you are great at holding your head steady in our arms or on our laps. We even tried the exersaucer a week or two ago, and I think you like the change of scenery! You have also started talking a lot this month! You still have those soft, sweet baby coos, but you also like to throw in loud, excited squeals. I like to call you the baby dinosaur, because sometimes your little grunts sound like roars!
You accidentally rolled over onto Sophie and I think you were so happy because then she was in the perfect spot to gnaw on!
Warning: There are a TON of pictures, because there were so many cute ones!
Happy big brother!
The photographer and his Mini-Me assistant
Trying to nom on the doggy!
Andrew at 4 months - apparently the desire to eat the doggy runs in the family!
40 months and 4 months! Jonathan pointed this out and then mentioned that I'm going be 360 months at my next birthday. Boo on him!!!
What a sweet, happy little boy! Great pictures!
ReplyDeleteWow, he is growing up so quick. Tell him to slow up a bit. It is really cool watching Andrew cuddle up to him. I hope that continues as they get older.
ReplyDeleteLove you all!
Daddy