Thursday, July 18, 2013

What We've Been Up To....

We haven't really done anything really amazing or blog-worthy lately, but since my children are growing up right before my eyes, I still want to document the daily little things we've been doing.

I thought I would be the cool mom after library story time last week and take Andrew to get snow cones. Kawaii's Shaved Ice is right down the street from the library, and it seemed like a perfect summery thing to do. (We'll cross it off of our my imaginary summer bucket list!) Well, first of all it took forever. I'm not sure how long it takes to pour some syrup on ice, but it must be pretty complicated. Andrew was not super thrilled to wait, especially when I told him that we weren't getting food. I think he thought we were going to eat lunch. (Nope, just planning on ruining your lunch with yummy, sugary, icy goodness!)

To pass the time I had him pose in front of the cool shark! You can tell he's wondering what's going on back there and why mom is making him wait here for something that isn't even food...

Ben wasn't impressed either. He was wondering if they had breastmilk flavor.

I made sure to order red (watermelon and cherry), the only color acceptable for frozen treats in Andrew's mind. When we finally got it.... he wasn't all that into it! He wanted to lick it a couple of times, but he didn't really eat any of it. (And I forgot to take pictures, probably because I was sooo excited to eat it!) So I ended up eating the snow cone by myself - a win in my book! 

Last week we took a day trip to my parent's house on Friday. They don't work on Fridays, and Jonathan ended up working all Thursday night. I knew he would need to sleep the day away, so we needed to get out of the house! We ate lunch with them, Andrew got to swing, and I enjoyed their company (and a few extra hands to entertain the boys!). It was a great outing!

This weekend Andrew got ahold of my sunglasses - he's working on his apathetic celebrity look, and I think he's getting it down pretty well!


Andrew with his "noculars".

We've had some unseasonably cool and rainy weather this past week and it has been heavenly to be able to be outside in mid-July without it being eleventy million degrees. 
Ben enjoyed the cooler weather also. He celebrated by drooling heavily on himself and anyone holding him.




Andrew found a treasure that made it into our yard from a neighbor. (He kept shouting, "I found an X!") Since we have about 6 houses bordering ours and I have no clue where it came from, we're abiding by the "finders keepers" rule.

Look at those gorgeous storm clouds! Yeah for rain!!


No comments:

Post a Comment