Sunday, July 14, 2013

Things Andrew Says, Vol. 6

Andrew's been cracking us up lately, as usual. Here are some things I want to remember:


  • Woofing - Instead of barking, Andrew calls the sound that the dogs make, 'woofing'. The other day, the dogs were barking at something on the street and I hear Andrew shouting, "Dogs! Stop woofing!
  • Andrew refers to everything that happened before today as yesterday. But for some reason he doesn't say the 'y' sound, so it's just 'esterday'. (He does this with yellow, too, but not for yes or yeah or other y-words.) So he'll start telling me things that happened 'esterday' at school, even though he hasn't been to school in over a month. The other day he said, "Esterday you went to the doctor and Ben came out." Haha, not quite 'esterday', Andrew!
  • Crunchy and creamy! - Anyone who has made a sandwich for Andrew has realized that he wants both crunchy and creamy peanut butter on his sandwich. We always ask him what he wants, because it's funny to hear him say it with such emphasis. (Don't tell him, but if he's not watching I just put crunchy PB on there because he never notices! Haha! Bad Mommy!)
  • Andrew hasn't been napping lately (ugh... terrible!) and so he's often noisy for the entire nap or "rest" time. Yesterday I went to get him and I asked him, "why weren't you napping?" He told me that it was blue bear's birthday and that he had a party with cupcakes. Apparently he was turning 3. Ah, makes sense! I guess it's hard to nap if you're having a party in your room.
  • Noculars - I know I've mentioned it before, but there are some words that Andrew says incorrectly that I just don't correct him because they are so cute! This is one of them. He got a pair of binoculars for his birthday, and he loves to walk around and look at things (he looks through them backwards, I might add). He calls them noculars, and I think it is so cute!
  • One day my parents came over, and my mom brought a small laptop to show me pictures. Andrew kept touching the laptop, and I told him to stop of he would go to timeout. So then he takes these little dinosaurs and stars making them touch the computer. I told him that they needed to stop or they would go to timeout. He tells me that the dinos can't go to timeout because they don't have a timeout chair! Haha! Andrew - 1, Mommy - 0



No comments:

Post a Comment