Here are some pictures of the boys in their festive Fourth of July outfits (which I only put on about 15 minutes before we left for fireworks - I don't trust a messy three-year-old, and a spitty two-month-old). The pictures are pretty terrible - neither one of them was into the picture taking. But I want to include them for nostalgia, and because even though the pictures are bad, I think the kids are still pretty cute! Thank you to my Uncle David and Aunt Linda for the adorable Fourth of July onesie that Ben is wearing!
Don't worry, it only looks like he's torturing him! I'm pretty sure he was trying to get him to smile, in his rough, poky, big brother sort of way.
Pflugerville does a big Fourth of July celebration (a Pfireworks Pfestival, if you will) at the lake, and we decided to go. It was a pretty big gamble, considering the fireworks didn't even start until 2 hours after Andrew's bedtime, we had to take a shuttle bus to get there, and we were working with an unpredictable infant. We were also worried that Andrew might be afraid of the fireworks because they are so loud. But it ended up being so fun! It was crowded and crazy, but Andrew had a blast! My absolute favorite moment came a few minutes into the fireworks show. Andrew just starts jumping up and down and shouting "I love the fireworks! I love the fireworks!" He did this for probably about five minutes - he LOVED it! A woman next to us even commented on it - she said that even if he didn't remember this, we would have a great story to tell! Overall, we had a great Fourth of July! Here are a few more pics from the evening...
You can see Gran Gran and Andrew down by the lake. He came back soaking wet from that walk!
Gran Gran and Grandpa Ray bought him some glow sticks and a glow necklace to bring to the show. I think he loved these just as much as the fireworks! He cried this morning when he realized they weren't glowing anymore!
The fireworks were really great!
I hope everyone's Fourth of July was as joyful as ours!
No comments:
Post a Comment