Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Take a Trip Tuesday: The Dinosaur Park

Sorry I'm a little behind on Take a Trip Tuesday. Unfortunately we didn't take a trip this week, unless our local HEB counts! This is my first week home with the boys without Jonathan, and I was looking forward to braving an outing by myself, but unfortunately we have to eat, so the grocery store won out over more exciting and picture-worthy outings. Maybe next week!

This past Tuesday, we were lucky enough to take a trip with Sarah and Miles out to the Dinosaur Park. This is a park on this side of Bastrop that has life-size statues of dinosaurs set up on this nature trail. It was the perfect trip for 2 and 3 year old boys! We also got there at the perfect time. We arrived right when the park opened at 10, and luckily got out on the trail ahead of the 40 or so daycare kids that arrived right before we did. The trail was about 1/2 mile long and allowed the boys the freedom to walk around without worrying about them running off. They also had a playscape, many photo-op spots, and a little shop with about every dinosaur themed toy or souvenir that a little boy could want! It was a great trip, and I would recommend it to anyone with a dinosaur-loving little boy!

Unfortunately the pictures aren't really that blog worthy! Unsurprisingly, two and three year old boys aren't very cooperative when it comes to posing for photos, especially when they have the freedom to walk around. I do want to include some pictures for the sake of memories, and to show what a neat park it is!
Admiring the Stegoceras...

Comparing their feet to dino feet.

They have a few "photo op" set ups throughout the trail. You can see how much the boys cared about the photo op. Andrew is more interested in picking up the stick!

He did love the T-Rex!

Another photo op!

A little bunny! It was terrified of the dinosaurs two and three year old boys that wanted to chase it.

We were all impressed with the size of this one!


A cutie resting!

I'm pretty sure he enjoyed this as much as/more than the dinosaurs! I need to stop paying for outings!

His "spy-glass".

Swinging!

Miles in the T-Rex mouth!

Andrew in the T-Rex mouth!



1 comment:

  1. What a fun outing! We thoroughly enjoyed our time there and I was so pleased it wasn't too hot! We'll have to find some more gems like this one.

    ReplyDelete