How is it that you've already been here for 3 months? The time passes so quickly! I have to confess, even as I was writing the title of this post I accidentally wrote 2 months at first! I guess I'm subconsciously trying to slow down time. This has been such a fun month with you, Ben. You're growing into such a smiley, happy little guy, and you charm us each day with your sweet personality. So far you're still the laid-back, go-wtih-the-flow kid that you've always been, which is nice when trying to deal with a toddler and baby. This month you've gone to bouncy houses, play dates, library story time, and many a Target trip, and you go along so well! We've had a fun, busy month! We don't have a doctor's appointment until four months, but you're definitely growing. You're still in size 1 diapers and 0-3 month clothes, but you can also wear some 3-6 month clothes. I love to see you in some of the same outfits that your brother wore! Here are some of things you've been up to this month...
Dislikes: You almost always cry when I put you in your carseat. Luckily you are usually fine once we get you into the car, but you hate to be in there when we're not going somewhere. Unfortunately, being the second child, I think you often get set in there while I get the final things ready for an outing and put your brother in the car. This might be why you hate being put in there - the waiting! It's really hard to think of anything else that you don't like. I guess you don't really like being put down right now - you love to be in someone's arms, and will protest if we try to set you down. Otherwise, you're a really happy guy and you don't seem to dislike much!
Eating: All seems well in the eating department. You're still a super efficient nurser, and I just watch your cues and feed you whenever you seem hungry. It's working for us - you seem content! You've gotten some bottles this month and seem happy with those as well! When you have a bottle you eat about 3-4 ounces. You probably eat about this much every 3-3.5 hours during the day.
Sleeping: Oh, Ben... Mommy loves what a good sleeper you are. I remember the second night home from the hospital, when you slept a four hour stretch and I was so shocked and surprised. I appreciate so much the long stretches at night! You usually go down anywhere from 8:30-10:00 (I'm trying to get that earlier) and sleep until 4-5:30. It's wonderful! It's pretty much like sleeping through the night, and makes me feel like a normal human being! You eat and then go back down until 7:00-7:30ish. I think I'm still so afraid that it's all some trick though - I keep expecting you to go to your brother's style of sleeping. Please don't! Your naps are still a little inconsistent and short (see above where you love to sleep in people's arms), but you sometimes do well when you nap on your belly in your crib. I'm a little bit nervous about when the time comes to unswaddle you, but I have a feeling that once you can roll onto your belly you'll be a happy little tummy sleeper!
Skills: You are drooling up a storm lately!! And blowing spit bubbles. You're often soaked from the constant drool! I don't think it's teething yet, because I remember that Andrew went through this same thing. You are very good at holding your head up during tummy time, and seem to have good head control when we are holding you also. You seem to like to sit, supported, in our laps or tucked in the corner of the couch. You also like to sit with us in the high chair at meal times. You are starting to seem more interested in the toys on your play mat, although you haven't yet made any moves to touch or grab them. You have rolled over (belly to back) 3 times! But I'm the only one who has seen it, and I think everyone else is having trouble believing that it's true! We keep working during tummy time, and hopefully you'll show off this skill to others soon.
Oh, Ben, this has been a fun month with you - I love your sweet coos, your giggly smiles, and the smell of your soft, velvety head. You are a sweet, happy, lovable guy, and the perfect addition to our family. I can't wait to get to know your personality more and see the little person that you become. We have one month left before you start "school" with your brother. I want to soak up every sweet moment with you - to enjoy those warm baby cuddles before someone else gets to cuddle you during the day.
Benjamin Patrick, we love you so much!!
Skills: You are drooling up a storm lately!! And blowing spit bubbles. You're often soaked from the constant drool! I don't think it's teething yet, because I remember that Andrew went through this same thing. You are very good at holding your head up during tummy time, and seem to have good head control when we are holding you also. You seem to like to sit, supported, in our laps or tucked in the corner of the couch. You also like to sit with us in the high chair at meal times. You are starting to seem more interested in the toys on your play mat, although you haven't yet made any moves to touch or grab them. You have rolled over (belly to back) 3 times! But I'm the only one who has seen it, and I think everyone else is having trouble believing that it's true! We keep working during tummy time, and hopefully you'll show off this skill to others soon.
Benjamin Patrick, we love you so much!!
Brotherly strangulation love!
Three months and three years
No comments:
Post a Comment