To our sweet Andrew-
How is it that you are already 15 months old? Every day you look more and more like a kid, and less and less like our little baby. You are walking and climbing on everything these days! You are fearless and you love to explore. You always want to be outside, and will stand at the front windows or back door and just stare out. You love to walk up stairs and we are *trying* to teach you to slide down them on your belly. You climb up on the coffee table multiple times a day and you are now climbing up and standing(!) on your four-wheeler. We think that you are destined to be a stunt rider or something!
It is becoming a little more difficult to take you out places because you are becoming less content to be held or set in a cart or high chair. You love to walk around and explore!! It's hard to believe you are at an age where we can set you down and walk with you places. We have to have a super-tight grip on your hand (which you are definitely not pleased about) because you like to wander off. Overall, we are so lucky because you are so good when we are out and about. You love to people watch and I think the novelty of new people and places entertains you pretty well. You are an easygoing guy! We have definitely got to see your personality more and more this summer. We go every week to the Round Rock Library Toddler Time (12-18 months). It has been so neat to watch you around a group of kids your age. You are definitely an observer, but you like to participate as well. You are constantly watching the other kids and adults, and lately you like to walk right up to the librarian who reads the stories and watch from front and center. When we first started going you would stay near me and in my lap. Now you don't even want to sit with me! You are off playing with the parachute or the stories on the chart paper, or you're off pointing at the toys, reminding us about toy time in case we forget!
Speaking of toys, you seem to have found some favorites lately! You love these plastic beads that I got at HEB. They link together and pull apart, and you love to wear them and you are trying to figure out how to take them apart or put them together. You love balls of any kind. You like to throw them and/or bang them together. You also love things with wheels. I bought you two little trucks from HEB(a great place for cheap toys!) and you LOVE to carry them around and make them crash into one another. You try to roll them like we show you, but you haven't quite gotten the hang of it and throw them instead. It's pretty funny! You also still love anything that makes noise and/or lights up.
You still love to read and will sit in my lap and read through quite a few books with me. We read our "night night" books before bed every evening, and you seem to love this routine. It is one of my favorite times with you - cuddling up in your chair to read before bed. You are so sweet and calm then - one of the few times you'll let me hold you. You are not quite as open to anyone else doing this routine, but we are working on it! You are totally in a mom phase now! I think because I think because I've been home all summer and you've gotten used to me here, you don't like it when I leave (or leave the room). You are fine if I'm not there, but if I'm here and someone else tries to take you to bed or if I try to go to the bathroom with the door closed (oh the horror!), you will get very upset! I'm hoping this will improve when I return to school. I'm sad to go back, I'll definitely miss this time with you, but I'm also somewhat excited. I've got that nervous/excited feeling that I always get before the beginning of school, and I really do enjoy teaching. As sad as I will be about leaving you at home, I know you will be in good hands.
We had your 15 month appointment today and you are healthy and growing perfectly! You weigh 21.4 lbs (10%tile) and are 31 and 3/4 inches tall (50-75%tile) and your head is 48.2 cm (75-90%tile). So you are long and lean and have a huge brain! I brought up your speech and the doctor agreed that you are a little behind where you should be. You babble up a storm, and make many sounds (b,n,m,d,h,g, and probably more). You have whole conversations with different inflections, but unfortunately the rest of us do not know what you are saying! You still point and grunt if you want something. When we ask you to repeat something that we say (say "dada") you look at our mouths and concentrate very hard. I think that you are working it all out in your head and will probably bust out with whole conversations shortly! I know you have so much to say and I can't wait to hear and understand everything you are telling us!
Andrew you are an amazing child! You are smart and sweet and have all of us wrapped around your little finger! You are so loved and I can't wait to see what the next months hold for us!
Things Andrew likes....
Reading in his "boat"

Rides in the wagon


Being on the swing

Sitting in his chair (and carrying around his shoes)

Things Andrew DOES NOT like...
When other people get to go outside and he does not...


How is it that you are already 15 months old? Every day you look more and more like a kid, and less and less like our little baby. You are walking and climbing on everything these days! You are fearless and you love to explore. You always want to be outside, and will stand at the front windows or back door and just stare out. You love to walk up stairs and we are *trying* to teach you to slide down them on your belly. You climb up on the coffee table multiple times a day and you are now climbing up and standing(!) on your four-wheeler. We think that you are destined to be a stunt rider or something!
It is becoming a little more difficult to take you out places because you are becoming less content to be held or set in a cart or high chair. You love to walk around and explore!! It's hard to believe you are at an age where we can set you down and walk with you places. We have to have a super-tight grip on your hand (which you are definitely not pleased about) because you like to wander off. Overall, we are so lucky because you are so good when we are out and about. You love to people watch and I think the novelty of new people and places entertains you pretty well. You are an easygoing guy! We have definitely got to see your personality more and more this summer. We go every week to the Round Rock Library Toddler Time (12-18 months). It has been so neat to watch you around a group of kids your age. You are definitely an observer, but you like to participate as well. You are constantly watching the other kids and adults, and lately you like to walk right up to the librarian who reads the stories and watch from front and center. When we first started going you would stay near me and in my lap. Now you don't even want to sit with me! You are off playing with the parachute or the stories on the chart paper, or you're off pointing at the toys, reminding us about toy time in case we forget!
Speaking of toys, you seem to have found some favorites lately! You love these plastic beads that I got at HEB. They link together and pull apart, and you love to wear them and you are trying to figure out how to take them apart or put them together. You love balls of any kind. You like to throw them and/or bang them together. You also love things with wheels. I bought you two little trucks from HEB(a great place for cheap toys!) and you LOVE to carry them around and make them crash into one another. You try to roll them like we show you, but you haven't quite gotten the hang of it and throw them instead. It's pretty funny! You also still love anything that makes noise and/or lights up.
You still love to read and will sit in my lap and read through quite a few books with me. We read our "night night" books before bed every evening, and you seem to love this routine. It is one of my favorite times with you - cuddling up in your chair to read before bed. You are so sweet and calm then - one of the few times you'll let me hold you. You are not quite as open to anyone else doing this routine, but we are working on it! You are totally in a mom phase now! I think because I think because I've been home all summer and you've gotten used to me here, you don't like it when I leave (or leave the room). You are fine if I'm not there, but if I'm here and someone else tries to take you to bed or if I try to go to the bathroom with the door closed (oh the horror!), you will get very upset! I'm hoping this will improve when I return to school. I'm sad to go back, I'll definitely miss this time with you, but I'm also somewhat excited. I've got that nervous/excited feeling that I always get before the beginning of school, and I really do enjoy teaching. As sad as I will be about leaving you at home, I know you will be in good hands.
We had your 15 month appointment today and you are healthy and growing perfectly! You weigh 21.4 lbs (10%tile) and are 31 and 3/4 inches tall (50-75%tile) and your head is 48.2 cm (75-90%tile). So you are long and lean and have a huge brain! I brought up your speech and the doctor agreed that you are a little behind where you should be. You babble up a storm, and make many sounds (b,n,m,d,h,g, and probably more). You have whole conversations with different inflections, but unfortunately the rest of us do not know what you are saying! You still point and grunt if you want something. When we ask you to repeat something that we say (say "dada") you look at our mouths and concentrate very hard. I think that you are working it all out in your head and will probably bust out with whole conversations shortly! I know you have so much to say and I can't wait to hear and understand everything you are telling us!
Andrew you are an amazing child! You are smart and sweet and have all of us wrapped around your little finger! You are so loved and I can't wait to see what the next months hold for us!
Things Andrew likes....
Reading in his "boat"
Rides in the wagon
Being on the swing
Sitting in his chair (and carrying around his shoes)
Things Andrew DOES NOT like...
When other people get to go outside and he does not...
Beef and/or my cooking! Haha!
Speaking of food, we are officially the parents of a picky toddler! (I blame Jonathan). You will not eat beef (unless it is hidden, like in sausage form), but you will eat most other meats - chicken, pork, and turkey. You still refuse all vegetables, though you will sometimes accidentally put them in your mouth (and quickly take them out). You pretty much refuse any new food initially, especially if it is wet/saucy. You will touch it and then make a face (see above) and will only MAYBE eat it if we can get some in your mouth. You still love chicken, pizza, and any kind of fruit, but especially peaches, oranges, blueberries, and grapes. When you are done with your food, you pour it all off your plate. You will also sometimes throw it off the tray (which Tucker and Bailey love). You also do this with your crib. If we don't get you fast enough after a nap or in the morning, you throw all of your stuffed animals and blankets out of the crib. We like to joke that you are sending them to get help!
I love learning all about what Andrew is doing these days and what we have to look forward to with Miles! I am sure he keeps you busy being the little climber that he is. Sorry about the picky eating, that's funny though that he will pull something out of his mouth! Impressive! I'm glad he's resourceful in sending friends to let you all know he's ready to be out of his crib! Smart cookie.
ReplyDeleteHe is a very special little boy. I thank GOD everyday for HIS gift in Andrew. He is extremely smart and his brain is like a sponge storing all the in-put for future reference. If angels were visible they would look like Andrew, because he is an angel in our eyes. Grandpa Ray
ReplyDelete