When Andrew was 5 or 6 months old, Grandma Karen invented a neat way to keep him entertained. She put the Bumbo seat inside a laundry basket and tied a rope to the side of the basket. She would them pull him around the house in this "boat". Andrew loved it! He would hold onto the sides of the basket and just look around the house. He's always loved to be moving and on-the-go. Well, although it's been months since we dissasembled the boat, I think Andrew has fond memories of his "boating" days and wanted to relive them. One evening I noticed him dumping his puzzles out from the basket that I had them in and standing in the basket. A few minutes later he figured out how to maneuver himself to a sitting position. Now he frequently dumps out the puzzles and will sit himself in this basket to read or play with toys. And although he's downsized from a cruise ship to a canoe, he seems to enjoy it just as much!
Contemplating the task at hand...

Ok, I'm in here, what do I do now?

Getting settled...


Ah, perfect!

Another day, happily reading in his boat...



Contemplating the task at hand...
Ok, I'm in here, what do I do now?
Getting settled...
Ah, perfect!
Another day, happily reading in his boat...
Aww, how sweet!! Now you should just attach a harness to Tucker and he can pull Andrew in his boat around the house!
ReplyDelete