Saturday, July 30, 2011

Weekend with the Grandparents!

Pre-post note... sorry for the funky editing! I tried to change the template of my blog with only partial success, obviously. I managed to change to a new template, but somehow don't know how to get rid of the old template behind... any insight on how to right this would be great appreciated!
***Fixed*** - Mr. Fix-it

This past weekend, Jonathan and I had a wedding to attend in Houston. We planned ahead and asked if the Grandparents would be able to keep him for the weekend. They agreed, and made a plan for Grandma and Grandpa Riley to pick him up here and take him to Grandma and Grandpa Smith's house by the lake.


We had an amazing weekend! Although we missed our sweet boy, we definitely enjoyed our time - we spent Friday night at a hotel in downtown Houston, came back home Saturday afternoon, took a nap, and then went to the late showing of Harry Potter at Alamo Drafthouse that evening. We also got a lot of things accomplished around the house without our little helper tagging along. And it was wonderful to get away without worrying about Andrew. I knew that he would be so loved and cared for with all four Grandparents taking care of him. Luckily Grandpa Smith documented the weekend for us with his fancy new camera. He took over 400(!!) pictures of the weekend! And what fun it looks like they had - from playing in the lake, riding on the golf cart, and tons of time on the swing, Andrew enjoyed every minute! Thank you Grandmas and Grandpas for taking care of our sweet boy and giving us a weekend to sleep in!

Andrew has fun in his crab pool...



When you're with your grandparents, you get to do fun things like eat your lunch(peanut butter on graham crackers) in your swing...




Andrew's favorite place in the world... his swing!!




Grandpa Ray let Andrew "drive" the golf cart!



Grandparents also let you do fun things like stay up past your bedtime and go play in the lake...






Shells are neat!!! (and apparently good to eat??)



This last picture is just a perfect example of Andrew when he is enjoying something - he is obviously so happy here and had a wonderful time with his grandparents!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could help you out on the blog, but I have the same problem. That's why mine is plain blue, so boring, but so much less frustrating! I'm glad you guys had such a good time and it looks like Andrew had a blast! He is so precious!!! I am sure there will be a time when I can let Miles have a fun weekend with his grandparents, but I'm not there quite yet!

    ReplyDelete