Andrew has been super cute, as usual, and I want to make sure that I document all of the cute details so that I don't forget them!
We've had his little armchair for awhile now, and I've mentioned before how he climbs it, but he also has recently started sitting in it. Just like a little adult! He will take a toy (or his shoe) up in the chair and just hang out and watch TV. It is adorable!
Hanging out in the chair...
This is how he gets out of the chair...
Cereal is a popular food in the Riley House. It's often eaten for breakfast or an evening snack. Since Andrew is always interested in what we're having, of course it makes sense that he would want to eat cereal! Karen started giving him cereal in a bowl splashed with a little bit of milk toward the end of the spring. He still enjoys this for breakfast every once and awhile. We are now trying to teach him to use utensils. We give him a spoon for his cereal every time he eats it. However, he usually just ends up holding the spoon and eating the cereal with his hands! It's pretty cute! It's not quite as cute when he does it with other foods - yogurt or applesauce are not meant to be finger foods!
Andrew with his cereal and spoon...
Why would I use this spoon when I have my fingers?!
I love my spoon!
The inevitable dumping of the milk...
The last thing I want to record I'm afraid to even mention... lest Andrew read the blog and decide to take it all away. At the suggestion of my mom, we decided to buy a blackout shade for Andrew's room. I had thought of it before and didn't really think it was necessary at this point. Andrew slept through the night and I had long accepted the fact that he just wasn't a good napper. Jonathan bought a cheap blackout shade and we installed it. I complained that it wasn't that attractive and thought about not putting it up (Now I laugh... why in the world would a blackout shade need to be attractive?). The next morning he woke up at 5:45 with a dirty diaper. I thought the shade was a bust. The next morning he slept until 7:45!!! And in the week since then he's slept until 8:00 three times! That might as well be noon in my book! And, what's more, he's started napping! Like real, longer-than-an-hour naps in both the morning and afternoon! (If you're wondering about the excessive use of exclamation points, you've obviously never tried to get anything done with a baby who naps for, like, 17 minutes a day.) It has been wonderful! I have had time to read and unload the dishwasher and watch TV and nap. And Andrew is in much better spirits when he naps. It makes the evenings so much more enjoyable!
So finally I would like to show you what happens when you do not take a nap in the afternoon and your morning nap is much too short....
Oh my gosh, that video is too funny! Good idea with the blackout shade. Remind me to look at that tomorrow!!
ReplyDelete