Monday, August 8, 2011

Andrew's Shirt Situation

Most kids have some sort of comfort thing that they do - suck their thumb, cuddle with a blanket, etc... Andrew's comfort thing is to stick his hands inside of shirts. He'll do this often when you're holding him, which can make for some awkward situations in public. He also does it to himself. When he is tired he'll stick his arms up inside the front of his shirt. He does this in the crib while he is sleeping also - we like to watch on the video monitor and you'll see the whole front of his shirt pulled up and his hands tucked inside. Well, I guess in his sleepy haze he sometimes gets a little overzealous about the hands and sticks them all they way up through the head opening of his shirt. Since he's asleep and not really thinking clearly, he struggles until they are all the way up and out of the head opening of his shirt. This leads to a twisted sleeve, half-shirt situation that is pretty uncomfortable, although pretty cute too.


Here's what he looked like yesterday after nap time:



On Saturday morning when I went in he had done it with both sleeves! I was so tempted to go get the camera because it was so funny/cute, but luckily my maternal instincts kicked in and I instead picked up my crying/uncomfortable baby and fixed his shirt. Since it is obviously waking him up and interfering with his newfound awesome sleep habits, I knew we needed a solution. Someone suggested onesies, and I thought it was brilliant. I don't usually put him in onesies because of the ease of shorts and shirts. Also, I think they look more baby-ish, and he looks so cute in little boy style clothes. But we went out to Carters (the only place that sells onesies that big) and bought 2 packages.

I have to say - he looks pretty adorable in the onesies. It reminds me of when he was a teeny-tiny little baby, which he is obviously not any more. I'll have to get a cute onesie picture of him soon to post on the blog. Also, they seem to have worked - he slept until 8:30 this morning!!! And the only reason he got up then was because I was worried about him excited to see him and went in and got him! I don't think he's ever slept until 8:30. Woo-hoo for great sleep!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, that is just precious! I was laughing, but then I felt guilty for laughing at his struggles. Poor Andrew. Seeing a 15 month old in a onesie has got to be cute!

    ReplyDelete