Monday, June 14, 2010

Smiling Andrew

When I put Andrew to bed last night, I was a little nervous. He had been fussy all day, and hadn't really slept well the night before. But when I went to get him in the morning, I was greeted by a smiling, cooing Baby Andrew! He was so friendly and happy! It made for such a nice morning. I of course tried to get pictures of the smiling and was only somewhat successful. He doesn't quite smile on command, and he moves so much that many of the pictures are blurry. But oh well - I am going to post them anyway! Hopefully I will get to catch better smiles on camera soon or maybe even a video!





It is amazing to me how much he has already grown and changed in the past month and a half. I want to be better about taking pictures because every day he seems to be a little more grown up. I saw this poem on a baby website that I was reading and I thought it was so sweet that I wanted to post it on here. (After some Google research I found out that it was actually a verse from an old song.)

Mother, O Mother, come shake out your cloth,
Empty the dustpan, poison the moth,
Hang out the washing, make up the bed,
Sew on a button and butter the bread.

Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
She's up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.

Oh, I've grown as shiftless as Little Boy Blue,
Lullabye, rockabye, lullabye loo.
Dishes are waiting and bills are past due
Pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo

The shopping's not done and there's nothing for stew
And out in the yard there's a hullabaloo
But I'm playing Kanga and this is my Roo
Look! Aren't his eyes the most wonderful hue?
Lullabye, rockaby lullabye loo.

The cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow
But children grow up as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs; Dust go to sleep!
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.

- Ruth Hulbert Hamilton

And to finish the post - some more cute pictures of Andrew!



3 comments:

  1. cool! hopefully he will smile for Grandma while she is there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Is that just a normal point and shoot camera or a fancy one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah - it's a fancy one - a Canon Rebel XTi - which is why most of my pictures are blurry and out of focus!

    ReplyDelete