As usual, we took a TON of pictures, so I thought I would break the post up by pictures from each day. We started the trip by going to Sea World. We lucked out and our condo was ready when we got there in the morning, so we unloaded our stuff and took the shuttle to Sea World. That was perfect! We didn't have to worry about parking, and the Hyatt is right across the road, so it was quick and convenient. I think it was easier to stay longer at Sea World too, knowing that we didn't have to drive home that night. Sea World was great, just like last year, but even more fun because Ben could participate this year. We did some of the old favorites (Andrew LOVES the sharks!), and also enjoyed some new things. I have to say - it was a lot easier taking two kids to Sea World with four adults rather than just two. Two of us could stay with Benny at areas where he could play, and two of us could take Andrew to more exciting things! It was wonderful, and I hope to make time to go back another time this summer!
Andrew's favorite!
The popcorn was the big hit before/during the show! And... something awesome we found out - the Sea World refillable cups and popcorn buckets work from year to year. We brought our stuff from last year and got free ice water (99 cents for sodas, I think) and popcorn for 1.99. Woo hoo!
The most perfect picture capturing the excitement of the show! I love it so much!
We avoided the splash zone again this year. Last year Andrew seemed really sad that we didn't sit closer and get wet. This year he didn't want to get wet. I knew that boy was smart! I always remember wanting soooo much to sit in the splash zone and then being really sad later when I was soaking wet with cold, salty water.
My parents took Benny to a little kids splash area while Jonathan and I took Andrew on his first "roller coaster". Unfortunately we realized there was no place to put our stuff so Jonathan sat out and took pictures while Andrew and I rode the ride. Andrew complained the entire time in line, while I warned him that the ride might be a little scary. I was nervous about how he would react. He LOVED it!
Andrew and I in the back row. He wasn't scared at all! I think I was more nervous than he was.
As soon as we got to the bottom he said he wanted to go again. Jonathan had discovered lockers while he was waiting for us, so we locked up the stuff and all went together. The line was even shorter and we got to sit in the front. It was such a great treat to do that with Andrew!
He still talks about it! He talks about wanting to go back and tells everyone about the "pirate ship" ride that he went on!
He wanted to stand on the bridge that gets splashed by the water!
Benny got to ride the carousel with Gabby while Andrew was on his roller coaster.
We then went back and met Benny and my parents at the splash pad area - the same one we spent a lot of time in last year.
He's waving here - I love his little wave. He looks like he's waving to himself, and it's precious!
We finished off the day at the Azul Show. We hadn't seen this one last year, and it was perfect for kids. It had lots to see - people flipping and diving, birds flying over, and Beluga whales and dolphins. It was a great show for the boys!
Benny and Papaw
Benny Beluga pointing to a...
Real-live Baby Beluga!!!
Again, it was a great time, and I know we made great memories for the boys (well... Andrew, Benny will hopefully enjoy looking at the pictures). I'm so glad that my parents got to experience the magic of Sea World with the boys, and I look forward to going back!





We had a ball although we are still dragging!
ReplyDeleteLoved the excitement as Andrew told us about the pirate ship and the big splash.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe Andrew went on that ride, I was terrified of it.
ReplyDelete