On the way out the door one day, he points to a lamp we have on a table in the entryway.
Andrew: Mommy! Turn out the light, we don't want to waste lightricity.
We made sugar cookies this afternoon. I had asked him if he wanted to make chocolate chip cookies (because that's what I wanted, haha) and he insisted on sugar cookies, because he loves to put sprinkles on things. I told him he could eat a cookie after he ate his dinner. Jonathan and I were eating leftovers that I knew he wouldn't eat, so I was giving him some choices for dinner.
Me: Andrew, what would you like for dinner? Peanut butter sandwich, turkey and cheese sandwich, hot dog?
Andrew: Hmmm.... I think I want chocolate chip cookies. Those aren't zurt. Those are dinner. (Zurt is his word for dessert, and he loves to tell us what is and isn't zurt.)
We've been working on keeping the dogs out of the kitchen during meals. There is nothing more annoying than dogs begging while we are trying to eat. Andrew has picked up on this and will SHOUT at the dogs while he is eating - "Tucker!!! Get out of the kitchen!!! Bailey!!! Get out of the kitchen!!!" While we appreciate the effort, we're working on the delivery.
At the zoo...
Andrew: Rhinoceros make me angry!!!
Us: Why?
Andrew: Because they are dangerous!!!
At Sea World we bought him a stuffed animal and a book, but being a three-year-old little boy, he saw these plastic swords and he HAD to have one. We were about to leave, so we employed a little parental bribery (we're not ashamed) and told him he could have a sword if he went potty. He gladly went, so we went to the little kiosk and purchased a sword. As I'm paying, he holds the sword up in the air and shouts - "The sword of the pirate king! And it's ALL MINE!!" Apparently this is from an episode of Octonauts (I know, you're shocked).
This next exchange happened one day in the car...
Andrew: Mommy, who gave me my eyebrows?
Me: Uh... your eyebrows? Well, God did. He made you and gave you all the parts you needed to have.
Andrew: Oh! God is good!
(While that sounds like a perfect response to what I said, I think he was just saying the first line from our dinner time prayer. It starts by saying "God is good". It just happened to be perfect timing!)
Tonight we were watching something on Apple TV. Jonathan has some movies loaded onto it, and Andrew saw the logo for Columbia Pictures:
He shouts, "Look, it's Jesus! I found Jesus!"Jonathan and I cracked up!

Seeing his little personality unfold is so exciting! I love the Jesus comments, especially the last one.
ReplyDelete