But even though life is less peaceful these days, for both Ben and us, there are some moments that warm my heart and make it completely and totally worth the chaos. We've been trying to get smiles out of Ben since he's started social smiling. Andrew has joined right in, and I often hear him imitate us, saying "Can you smile, Ben Ben?" (He's also poking his face or using his hands to make him smile, but it's still sweet!) And more often than not, Andrew gets the biggest smiles out of Ben! It seems that the love is mutual! When Ben does smile, Andrew gets so excited and exclaims, "He smiling! He likes me!" We assure him that yes, Ben loves him, and Andrew happily replies "Oh! I love him too!" And my heart is happy because I love my sweet boys!
Poor guy can't even nap without his brother "napping" with him. I'm sure it's very restful to have someone whisper loudly in your face - "he's sleeping!"
Andrew likes to show Ben how to smile by modeling the process. This is how it's done, Ben!
Apparently the finger-poke method works!
Brothers!
Ben's not too sure about this posing thing...
And for good reason - finger to the eye!
He's probably saying "but he likes it! Here I'll poke your eye too!"
Grabbing the leg!
So cute!





How sweet! I love seeing the dynamics between the two of them. Second kiddos are always more resilient, now we know why!!!
ReplyDelete