Thursday, October 3, 2013

Things Andrew Says

Well, it's 3:45 on a Thursday afternoon and since I'm posting to the blog, it can only mean one of two things. Either I've become amazingly productive, finished everything at school, and got to come home early (hahaha). Or I'm home with a sick child! Unfortunately the latter is true. There is a stomach bug (which has to be the worst of all the bugs, I think) going around Eagle Wings, and our family unfortunately has been hit by it. Ben was sent home from school on Tuesday afternoon. He stayed home on Wednesday with Gran Gran, and seemed fine. Then last night Andrew woke up in the middle of the night throwing up. No fun! We went ahead and kept Ben home today too. Hopefully the sick ones will get well soon, and the well ones will avoid getting sick.

Other than constantly dodging illness at daycare, all has been well in the Riley house. Andrew is super excited about the holidays this year, as evidenced by his daily requests to go trick-or-treating. He wants to be a firefighter, just like last year. Yay for getting our money's worth out of the costume! His joy is contagious, and I think the entire holiday season will be a ton of fun this year.

As usual, he keeps us smiling with his three-year-old sayings. Here are a couple gems from the past few weeks.

We were at Target and Andrew noticed a large sword (actually I think it was a machete) in the Halloween section. His Sea World sword is on the verge of breaking, so we agreed to buy it for him. As we were checking out, the employee put the sword into the bag and Andrew asks her, "Can I have that knife please? I need it for protection." The checker gave him an odd look and we were also shocked. We asked him what he needed to be protected from, and he replied, "ghosts."

One night at dinner we had a conversation that started like this -Andrew made some noise (bodily function) at the table.
Jonathan: What was that? A burp?
Andrew: A burp AND a toot.
Stephanie: Wow, you had better say a big 'excuse me' for that.
Andrew (shouting): BIG EXCUSE ME!!!

And because I love to post pictures of the cutie, here are some pictures from the past weekend when Andrew got to attend Fiesta, a festival at Gran Gran and Grandpa Ray's church. He had a great time, ate a red snowcone, and got to fish for prizes. One of the prizes he won was a small raccoon stuffed animal, who he named "Giraffe Raccoon". Haha!






No comments:

Post a Comment