Sunday, September 29, 2013

Ben's First Cereal

Well, on a whim we decided to give Benny his first taste of "food" this weekend. I use the term food loosely, because I'm not sure if rice cereal would count as food to anyone that eats on a regular basis. I had planned to wait until six months for a variety of reasons, but daycare asked about it which got me thinking. I decided it wouldn't hurt to try it out this weekend, and then if he didn't do well with it, we could always wait and try again later. We went to Target and purchased baby cereal and tried it after naptime yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised how well it went! He still has a bit of the tongue thrust reflex, so much of it did end up on his shirt, but he definitely seemed to be enjoying himself. He would get really wide-eyed and open his mouth and reach for the spoon. I guess my cereal-making skills have improved in the past three years, because he enjoyed it a lot more than Andrew did! Maybe he'll be my baby that eats everything! Here are some cute pics of the event, and some flashback pics of Andrew on his first cereal attempt (since I was a bad first time mom and never posted them on here when he ate his first time). Interesting coincidence - I thought we had waited until six months for Andrew to eat, but we actually did it about the same amount of time before his six month birthday that we did for Ben.



 
Pre-cereal smiles!

What a cutie!

First taste - unsure!

Mom, are you sure I'm supposed to eat this stuff?



Ok, now I'm liking this!


Get in my belly!



Wide-eyed and eager!!
Sweet Andrew - don't they look so different?!

Ugh, Mom, this stuff is terrible!

Really, just awful!

Cute smiles!

I love this picture of Andrew!


1 comment:

  1. Love those pictures!!! Think he is going to have his Daddy's dimples! :)

    ReplyDelete