Sunday, May 26, 2013

Ben - One Month

Ben Ben,

How is it that you are already a month old? (Well, now even more than a month!) Even after seeing Andrew grow, and knowing how fast it passes, it still amazes me. So far you are a joy to have around, in the way that any one month old is a joy - sweet, warm baby cuddles, velvety soft baby skin and hair, and adorable, sleepy baby faces. In true second-child fashion, you seem to be fairly laid back. We'll see if this holds true as you grow, but your "chill" demeanor has definitely helped us adapt to our new family of four!

We don't have a one month doctor appointment, but at two weeks you weighed 8 lbs. 2 oz. (25%) and were 20 1/2 inches long (50%). You are already wearing size 1 diapers and 0-3 month clothing. You seem so big, and I can't wait to see how much you weigh at your 2 month appointment.

Sleeping - I'm sure this will change as you grow, but so far you've been sleeping pretty well. Other than last night (which was probably the roughest we've had so far), you wake about twice at night (around 2, and then around 4-5) and sleep pretty well between those times. It's sometimes difficult to get you back down after the last feeding, so I've been laying on the couch with you. With the cuddling you'll sleep until 7 or 8, or until your brother comes running out yelling "Mommy! Ben! Good morning!!" During the day you nap ok, although lately you've been wanting to nap in our arms rather than in your bouncer. I think you are waking up to the world more, and you're wanting that human contact. Since you've been born we've been at home together during the day while Andrew is at school and Daddy is at work. Although I don't get a lot done, I don't mind holding you for naps. I get lots of cuddles, and sometimes I take a nap right along with you. I've enjoyed these quiet days with you... Andrew finishes school next week, and I know that our days will soon get a lot louder and busier!

Eating - Just like your brother, you seem to have no trouble in this department. Although I don't know how much you're eating, it seems to me like you eat all the time during the day. You probably eat every two hours during the day, with an occasional three hour stretch. You're growing and generally a happy little guy, so I assume all is well! One big difference between you and Andrew is that you're a spitter! You spit up everything, it seems! I change your outfit at least 3 times at night (which isn't super fun at 4 in the morning, you know...) because of the spit up. Luckily you seem to be what the doctor calls a "happy spitter", so that's a positive!

Likes - Well, it's pretty hard to determine what you like so far, but it seems to be sleeping in someone's arms, your pacifier (sometimes), moving around (in the carseat, stroller, or arms), and your swaddle (although you struggle against it at first). You also seem to like to look at our framed wedding photos above the couch - I think you like the contrast of the dark frames and light walls. Like your brother, you also seem interested in the fan and the windows.

Dislikes - Again, not too much upsets you so far... diaper changes, changing clothes, and being set down too soon seem to be the biggest offenders!

This month has flown by, sweet Ben, and I look forward to what the next month will bring. I think you are going to start social smiling soon, and I can't wait to see you become more interactive. I especially am excited to see the interactions grow between you and Andrew as you get older. We love you so much!

And now for the pictures... we debated about whether or not to use the same set-up, stuffed animal and all, and decided that we would. It will be fun to compare the brothers' pictures, and we'll be able to tell them apart by the stickers!







And now, if you would like to compare... here's Andrew's one-month pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment