Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Family/Maternity Photos

One thing that I really regret about Andrew's early days is that we didn't get any professional photographs taken. Don't get me wrong, we took tons of photos - but we didn't get any of those adorable photos of him when he was sleepy and squishy and posable. So before Ben was here I started talking to Jonathan about getting professional pictures taken - we knew we wanted nice pictures, but we didn't want to spend an arm and a leg. In an amazing coincidence, my friend Lisa emailed me about that same time to tell me that her friend was starting a photography business and was looking for clients to build up his portfolio. How perfect! We ended up meeting with him to do a session before Ben was here of maternity and family pictures. I was hesitant to get maternity pictures taken, since I never really like pictures of myself, but I'm so glad that we did. Since that will probably be my last pregnancy, I know I will treasure the photos of such a special time. And I love the family pictures! We didn't have any professional photographs of our family, and there are so few times that we even get a photo of our whole family since one of us is usually taking the pictures. Overall the photos are wonderful and I can't wait to get more taken in the future. If you or anyone you know is looking for a photographer, I highly recommend Brian Tarver Photography! You can like them on Facebook and see updates as well.

And now for the pictures - it was hard to narrow it down, so there are a ton of pictures! I'll do a separate post for Ben's pictures, since there are so many!
My friend Lisa is working with Brian, and she had so many amazing touches to make the pictures special - she did this sign and the Ben banner. I love these little details! 






This one melts my heart - I love those cuddles with my sweet boy!




I love my boys! Also - one of the only reasons Andrew is smiling in these pictures is because Lisa is awesome and was throwing goldfish at Brian. He still occasionally talks about throwing goldfish!




About 2 seconds before the balloons flew up into the tree and Andrew cried...



What a sweet father/son moment! It doesn't matter that they are actually watching Octonauts on Daddy's phone!




Our family of soon-to-be four! Also, poor Ben was already getting squished by his big brother!

1 comment: