A firetruck, of course
A rocket
Another rocket
A motorcycle?
While I really love the Lego hobby (I have fun with them, too!), it's gotten to the point where he doesn't want to do anything else! We leave the gate open in the morning, and when he wakes up he just goes upstairs to build. I'm pretty sure he'd stay up there all day if we let him. He told me he just wanted to play Legos all day! He also isn't the best at picking up the Legos, and our upstairs looks like a Lego factory exploded.
There's always a few of these guys laying around... we've inherited space men, Medieval horsemen, firefighters, police officers, boat workers, etc. from the Riley boys' collections!
Oh, hi!
Don't walk barefoot up here!
The Riley boys apparently had a whole dock set, and Andrew loves playing with the fireboats!
It looks like the carnage after a battle... there's horses down, headless men, a cannon... I'm pretty sure Lego World War 3 was happening in our playroom!
Oh, look, another firetruck!
As I said, I really enjoy the Legos, and I'm glad that he has gotten into them. I love that this is a hobby that he can grow into as he gets older. We also have stumbled upon these YouTube videos made by a website called MadAboutLego.com. They have these short movies showing different Lego sets being built and then brought to life. We watch them about 4,000 times a day! At the end of each video it tells the price and how many pieces are included.... so he decides that he wants it, and I can see that it costs $100, and will add 563 Legos to our collection! Yikes! He's already excited about getting the Lego Oshkosh Striker for Christmas from Santa. Today he told me he wanted to skip Halloween and go straight to Christmas! Oh, Andrew!!
I've gotten really excited about his Lego obsession and started looking up Lego Land because I was curious. Andrew saw me looking and is also now set on going on vacation to Lego Land (they have a Lego Hotel!!). He saw it and said, "You need to call Daddy and tell him about this right now!" Haha! We told him that we would love to go to Lego Land in a few years, but we needed to save our money for the trip because it was very expensive. I explained what saving money meant, and he sweetly offered up all the coins in his shark "piggy" bank to help pay for the trip. I sure love my sweet boy!
Some building from today... Inheriting Legos leads to very diverse passengers and crew on a boat!
And who's that driving? Oh, hi Peter Pan!












Love that sweet, smart boy!!
ReplyDeleteOh Steph….don't walk upstairs barefoot! Haha! I'm sorry if I contributed to the lego obsession, but it looks like he is having a blast with the new and old!! Looks like many years of fun for Andrew and I'm sure Benny will follow soon! :)
ReplyDelete