We had a fun Fourth of July this year! Jonathan was off that day, and my parents came up to stay with Ray and Karen so that we could all celebrate together. Jonathan spent much of the day helping Uncle Shawn and Aunt Kacie move into their new house in Pflugerville. We went over to the grandparent house after nap time and hung out until dinner time. Everyone came back to our house to eat, and then we traveled to Shawn and Kacie's house to watch the fireworks. They live pretty close to Lake Pflugerville, and we had a great view of the fireworks from a path right beside their house. It was so nice and convenient not to have to ride the buses out to Lake Pflugerville! We appreciate so much them letting us invade their (just moved in) house to take advantage of their view! While we didn't take any pictures at the fireworks this time, I did try to take some cute pics of the boys at the grandparent house earlier in the day. I had bought them cute/matching red, white, and blue shirts months ago! I usually wait and can't find sizes, so I snatched them up when I had the chance this year. I had this great image in my head of what the pics were going to look like, but a one-year-old who only wants to walk and a four-year-old who only wants to play Legos were not the most cooperative subjects... go figure! Oh well, I definitely got some cute individual pictures, and I know I'll be happy for these memories!

Ben started drinking way earlier than the start of the festivities!
My cool dude!
Andrew is obsessed with red, obviously, and Ben has sort of had his favorite color chosen for him. I always pick red for Andrew and blue for Benny.
Why does he look so grown up?!
Three years ago, looking much the same!
So here's where the difficulty started... I had this idea to let Andrew wear his red sunglasses and Ben wear his blue ones... forgetting that Ben would wear them for exactly 0 seconds before ripping them off!
Oh yeah, much more fun to play with!
Andrew was not thrilled with the "itchy" grass!
And he's out!
So, as usual, I took tons of pictures of my one willing subject. I know there will come a day when he refuses to let me take pictures just like his big brother, so I'm stocking up now!
And also, I just think he's so gorgeous!
Blurry, but sweet!
Gabby is such a great Grandma - holding him up so he can bang on the wind chimes - a favorite activity at the Grandparent house!
No comments:
Post a Comment