Where did the past month go? How are we already on the downhill slope toward one year? Time is going so fast, and I know the next couple months are going to fly by with the holidays. You are at such a fun, amazing age! I'm so excited to experience the holidays with you and your brother - it is going to be such a joyful time. Here's what you've been up to this month:
| Looking serious... |
![]() |
| What's with all the pictures?! |
Eating: I think we've finally hit our stride with solid foods! You eat oatmeal cereal at school every day for "lunch", and then we feed you a veggie or fruit for "dinner" on most nights. You have liked peas, butternut squash, and apples. You haven't tried any other fruits, but I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy them. You didn't like green beans and carrots, but I'm wondering if you'll like them more if we keep offering them. You seem to dislike everything on the first bite, and make a yucky scrunched up face at first! As far as milk intake goes, you are all over the place!! You still seem to nurse ok, although there are any distractions you don't want to nurse. Especially if Andrew is anywhere around, you seem to think you are missing out! I also cannot talk to anyone while you're nursing, because you'll pop off and look at me like I'm talking to you! At school you are very inconsistent. They told us that they thought you needed bigger bottles so that you would space out your feedings more. So when I sent bigger bottles, you didn't always drink it, and your feedings are still about 2.5-3.5 hours apart. Some days you drink 10 ounces at daycare and some days you drink 20 ounces! I just don't know what to expect from you! You also had your first bottle of formula. With your intake at school and the lack of time that I have to pump, I was worried that at some point I won't be able to keep up with what you need. We bought some and tried it at home just to see how you would do. You happily guzzled it down and seemed no different afterwards. I was a little sad, and kept insisting that you smelled different! I know, Mommy is crazy!
Sleep: Oh, Benjamin! How do I convince you that sleeping is a good thing?! Sleeping in your crib is a
Milestones: You are a champion sitter! Just in time for cute Christmas pictures in front of the tree, you are great at sitting up and reaching for and playing with toys. You enjoy sitting for quite awhile, and I have enjoyed taking pictures of you practicing your new trick. You still have your two bottom teeth, and I'm pretty sure that another one is going to pop out on top sometime soon. I can't wait until it does - maybe that is what has been disrupting your sleep!
We had some beautiful weather last weekend, and so we sat out front to enjoy it. I took lots of pictures because you were just so cute! And you don't protest (other than disapproving looks), like your brother, who shouts "Do not take pictures of me!!!"
Andrew was trying to make you smile!
Apparently it worked!
I love to kiss your downy soft baby hair!
Um, guys? Aren't these pictures supposed to be of me?
Andrew was sad because we wouldn't let him hold a toy in the picture.
Still sad!
We promised him that he could take the toy to rest time.... problem solved!
Playing peek-a-boo behind Ben!
Benny, you are a sweet, beautiful boy, and we are so so so thankful for you! We love you so much!


I love reading about Benny! He's such a sweet, chill little guy. I am sorry to hear about the sleeping thing.....I don't know how you do it! Those pictures of Andrew showing a sad face are pretty hilarious. Oh brothers!
ReplyDelete