Andrew - I wish that I could record every moment with you, because there is always something new or interesting or adorable that you are learning. I am amazed at the ways that you are changing! These past couple months have brought a huge change in you - you seem more and more like your own little person these days instead of my baby (tears!). You have started to become interested in your books, which makes me so proud! You will pull out your books and "read" them to yourself or bring them to us to read to you. You don't exactly like to follow at our pace - you prefer to flip through the pages really fast or go back and forth between pages that you like. Your favorites seem to be "Shake a Leg" (a Sesame Street Book) and "Baby Bear, Baby Bear, What Do You See?" Sometimes I'll be in the kitchen and start to worry because you are so quiet, only to find you flipping contentedly through your books. A boy after Mommy's heart!
You are interested in EVERYTHING. You want to take things apart, put things inside things, and take things out of things. One funny example - you learned that you can throw things in the trashcan. You like to practice this skill with anything and everything! One day I rescued two socks, a bath toy, a stuffed animal, and a full sippy of milk from the trash can. We have to check the trash can diligently now! You have also learned to open the lid of the toilet... one day you were a little too fast for me and started splashing around in there (ugh...). I think you thought it was like a huge dog water bowl (Tucker seems to think this also). It seems we are always chasing you around the house - you are so curious and inquisitive. You still love the pantry and will bring us goldfish or graham crackers when you are hungry. You are also interested in the fridge, but luckily for me you can't open that yet!
You have fallen in love with Tucker's bed. He has this large flat pillow-like dog bed in our hallway between the kitchen and living room and you love to lay on there. Sometimes you will take your milk and go sit on the bed or lay there if you are tired. We think it's adorable, although Tucker does get a little upset when you try to do this WHILE he is already there. Speaking of Tucker, you seem to be more and more interested in him. You will pick up his ball and throw it, and dissolve into giggles when he runs after it. You like to pet him and we practice and say "gentle", and you seem to understand. Unfortunately Tucker seems to be less sure about you and will sometimes bark and rush off when you get near. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll win him over one of these days. Especially if you keep feeding him like you do! We always know when you are finished eating because you start clearing off your plate and tray by throwing things over the side. It's like you want to tell us - "Look, my plate is clean!" Tucker and Bailey eagerly clean up your leftovers!
You love to be outside! You have become obsessed with bringing us your shoes, because you know that you wear shoes to go outside. You will bring us your shoes (sometimes a pair, sometimes one, sometimes three, sometimes two different shoes) and fuss until we put them on. You love to stand at the front window or the back door and talk (about going outside, I assume)! We go on a wagon ride every morning, which you love. I think that you would be content to sit in your wagon for hours! You love to look around and see what's going on. Grandma Karen discovered that you also like to go for walks. After our wagon ride we take a little walk around our street. You love to walk down the sidewalk and explore every little thing - leaves, grass, fire hydrants, light poles, sprinkler heads... it takes us quite awhile to get anywhere! You are also reaching the age where you want to walk around places when we are in public. If you are not in a shopping cart you usually do not want to be held - you want to walk places. And, unfortunately for me, you don't seem to have any fear. You don't want to hold anyone's hand, in fact you will fight to get your hand free if we try. You like to be independent!
Each day with you is a gift, and I love your sweet cuddles and adorable giggles. I'm so lucky that I get this time at home with you! I can't wait to see what the summer brings us!
Swinging at Grandma and Grandpa Smith's house for Mother's Day
Pool time fun! (Thanks Jenifer!!)
Munching on Cheerios as an after-swimming snack
Nom nom nom on the bowl
Fun on the swing
Lovin' the wagon!
Cheesy grin!
Fun outside with Daddy
I love hearing what Andrew is doing! I think that is so funny that he has claimed Tucker's bed. Probably would have never expected that huh? Oh Tuck, he'll grow to love Andrew even more! We'll have to have a little swimming playdate soon! Andrew, you are such a sweet boy, Miles loves having you as a friend! Can't wait until our next playdate!
ReplyDeleteSteph he is such a joy! Reminds us of you at that age with the reading and smiles. Hopefully Mom will get to spend more time in Austin this next couple of weeks and see you guys.
ReplyDeletelove you! Dad