Chicken Tacos
1 package chicken taco seasoning
1 package pre-made pico de gallo or 1 can Rotel (I always use the mild pico from the produce section of HEB)
3 chicken breasts or 6 chicken tenders (fresh or frozen)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup water
Spread the chicken taco seasoning on the bottom of a crockpot. Place the chicken on top of the taco seasoning. Put the pico on top of the chicken. Pour the water and olive oil on top of the pico. No need to stir or mix or anything! Turn the crockpot on low for 4-6 hours. At the end of the 4-6 hours, take the chicken out, shred, and return to the crockpot for 30 minutes or so. Then, you're done! Serve with tortillas and taco fixins. Or, if you're super fancy like me, homemade taco shells! (See below for details)
The before....
The delicious after... (looking at the picture I realize it doesn't look that delicious in my crockpot, but trust me - it is! And it makes your house smell wonderful while it is cooking)
And, because I was feeling ambitious (and unhealthy)...
I'm usually a soft-taco kind of girl, but after being in El Paso, I was craving these. They don't use store bought taco shells in El Paso. They fry them fresh and they are wonderful! So I decided to make my own, and I thought they were pretty delicious. I also used leftover chicken and made homemade flautas, which were also pretty yummy.
Yum!!! I'll have to try this! Sounds yummy! Let's have a play date soon!
ReplyDelete