Monday, May 5, 2014

Real Life


I found this picture in a group of photos that Jonathan had uploaded. It just sums up so perfectly what our evenings are like that I wanted to post it. It makes me think of three things - 
1. I'm so excited for summer! Our evenings can be more about enjoying dinner and popsicles and stories, and less about "hurry and take a bath and get to bed so we can make lunches  and clean up and I can start grading!" 
2. As stressful as this season of life can be, I'm trying to cherish these moments. I remind myself that there will come a day when I won't have a "helper" wearing a bicycle helmet, or a baby that just wants some cuddles. Please, Lord, don't let me wish these days away! 
3. I'm so blessed that Jonathan's schedule allows him to be home (and usually helping, not taking pictures) in the evenings. Being a working parent is tough, and having two at daycare has been a big adjustment. I know that many parents (single parents, parents with spouses that are deployed or work different shifts) do this alone, but I'm so very happy that Jonathan and I can tackle it together!

No comments:

Post a Comment