Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Spring Break 2014

Well... Spring Break has come and gone (boo!) and was, as usual, far too short to accomplish most of what I had planned. But we had a good time and got to relax, and so I think it was definitely a win! We started the week by meeting Gabby and Papa for lunch at their work. We started doing this last summer, and it has become such a nice time to visit and catch up, and gives us a chance to get out of the house. We had a playdate with Miles and Chase on Tuesday. The older boys had a great time bringing out every single toy Andrew owns and putting them in a tent in the living room! Three year old boys are mess-makers, and full of energy! I'm so happy that our boys have fun together, and I can't wait to see Ben and Chase grow into great friends like their brothers! Wednesday was Jonathan's birthday, so we met him for lunch and got to visit his office. Unfortunately, Andrew turned into Mr. Shy and wouldn't talk or interact with any of Jonathan's coworkers. Gran Gran and Grandpa Ray watched the boys that evening so that we could go out on a birthday date. We enjoyed seeing Monument Men at iPic theaters, and it was such a treat to go out just the two of us! Thursday was errand running, and Friday we headed out of town for the weekend. Unfortunately Jonathan had to work Friday and Saturday night for SXSW, and so the boys and I packed up and headed to Gabby and Papa's house for the weekend. We all enjoyed being spoiled by Gabby and Papa, and I'm pretty sure I gained a few pounds from the delicious food! Some highlights - eating Mexican food, barbecue, and steaks, putting up the baby swing for Benny (Andrew loved swinging, and Benny seems to like it also!), taking a golf cart ride (it was Ben's first time in the golf cart, and he had this look of absolute joy on his face - it was precious!), playing outside and enjoying the fabulous weather, and sleeping in (Ben slept in the room with me, and on Saturday he slept until 8:50!! Although... he was up twice the night before, so I'm not completely sure we'd count that as a success).

As usual, I seemed to be enjoying myself (or being lazy) and didn't take a lot of pictures during the break. I took quite a few pictures on Saturday at my parents' house, and these are all from that day. I apologize for the massive amount of pictures, but I just can't seem to narrow it down - they're all adorable!
What most pictures of Andrew look like - him running away!


You find neat things at Gabby and Papa's house!

Concentrating.


Playing with the model of Papa's Corvette - Papa has a bigger model that he takes to car shows, and Andrew kept trying to convince him to trade with him!


So fun, and so adorable!!


This is his "Don't take my picture" face... not sure why he covers his ears!
Fun on the swing! Also, sometimes I just can't stop taking pictures of him because he is just SO precious!


Check out those wispy blond curls!


Love!

Somebody got lots of new teeth for spring break!

Trying to chew on the strap


No comments:

Post a Comment