Andrew,
Where is the time going? How is it that you are now closer to 2 than 1? You are a sweet, funny boy and a joy to everyone who sees you. I know I've said it for the past 12 or so months, but you are IN.TO.EVERYTHING!! As Grandma Karen says, you don't really play with your toys anymore, you are more interested in the "toys" you find around the house. We have a constant shortage of spoons in our kitchen because you are usually carrying two or three around the house and have stashed/dropped a few more. You also love to get into our "junk" drawer, which happens to be full of dangerous non-toys (like batteries, light bulbs, and random screws). You are starting to get very mad when we don't let you have things that you find or want. We think it may be the terrible twos starting a little bit early. But don't worry, you are far from terrible - you just have strong opinions and let us know (loudly) when you disagree with our decisions. You amaze us constantly with your smarts - you have figured out how to open the dishwasher door, and I know that opening the house doors is not far away (time to baby-prooof, again). You are doing a lot of "pretend play" lately - pretty much everything is a phone to you. You will walk around the house (haha, got that from me) and jabber on something as you hold it to your ear. We laugh about it, because none of us talk on the phone that often here at the house, so I'm not sure where you got it!
You are still small, but tall and big-headed! Your weight was 23 lbs 6 oz, which was the 10-25th %. You were 32 and 3/4 inches tall which is the 50th % and your head measurement was the 75th %. You are wearing mostly 18 month clothing, although I bet you could fit into some 24 month things as well. You have started talking a lot more this month! You are still not talking on your own, or saying things we want you to say, but you are repeating things that we say. Sometimes out of the blue you'll just start imitating something we say. You've said water, juice, dog, and many other words. Still no "mama" though! Sometimes I think you deliberately refuse to say it just to drive me crazy!! I hope that lots of talking is in your near future - I can't wait to hear all the wonderful things you have to say!
Andrew - we love you so much! Thank you for bringing joy to our lives each and every day! I can't wait to experience Christmas through your eyes this year!
And now for some cute Thanksgiving pictures....
No comments:
Post a Comment