Friday, July 9, 2010

Big Update - Fourth of July Weekend

Hello Blog Readers! I hope you haven't abandoned us - I know it's been awhile since I've blogged - we have had a busy couple of weeks! Our Fourth of July Weekend started off on the first of July with Andrew's 2 month doctor's appointment. He weighed 10 pounds, which is the 12th percentile and was 22 inches long, which is the 10th percentile. He is still a little guy, even though he has almost doubled his birth weight! Overall the appointment was pretty terrible, and we will not be going back to see this pediatrician. She started off the appointment by calling Andrew a 'she' until I corrected her, and then proceeded to answer her cellphone twice(!!) during the appointment. She told us it was about her condo reservations. Jonathan and I were not pleased, to say the least. The appointment ended with him getting 3 shots and an oral vaccination. I was so nervous about it! The nurse who gave him the shots was really quick and great, and he didn't cry for the first half-second or so until he realized what was happening. Then came the screaming! Luckily after some cuddles and tylenol, he was ok and passed out on the way home!

Andrew's boo-boo...


That night Jonathan and I went out to celebrate our anniversary (four years!) by going out to eat at Maggiano's in the Domain. It was delicious and it was so nice to get out of the house and enjoy dinner without worrying about if Andrew would sleep long enough to let us eat! Grandma and Grandpa Smith were nice enough to come over and babysit while we went out. Luckily Andrew did pretty well for them - I think he was tired from his shots and slept most of the evening - until we got back! His Tylenol had worn off from the afternoon, and I think he woke up and realized his legs hurt. He screamed and screamed! I have never heard him scream that much and it broke my heart! We gave him some more Tylenol and Jonathan bounced him for awhile until he was able to go to sleep again... poor guy!

Luckily Andrew woke up on Friday and was back to his happy self - we had a big weekend ahead! We packed up the car with what seemed like everything we owned and set off to my parents lake house. Andrew had visited before, but this time he was much more awake and aware. We had a great time and Grandpa Smith was able to get tons of smiles out of him! Here are some pictures of the trip...


One thing new about this trip to the lake was the fact that Tucker got to go! My parents added a fence around the yard so that Tucker could come and enjoy the lake time (and in the future Andrew can run around and play safely with him!). He LOVED the lake - the birds, squirrels, and insects kept him sufficiently entertained! Here are some pictures of him on the vacation...




On Saturday, we packed up the car, the baby, and the dog and headed out again - this time to New Braunfels to see Grandma and Grandpa Riley and Uncle Nick and Aunt Jessy. Unfortunately, Andrew decided to have a fussy day, and I didn't get many pictures. In fact, he spent most of the Fourth of July crying and fighting sleep, so I didn't get a single picture of him in his patriotic outfit! Sad! We may have to dress him up soon and get some pictures for the sake of memories! I did catch a cute picture of Andrew and Daddy enjoying some TV together - they even look like they are wearing matching outfits!



We had a great weekend and we were all exhausted once we got home. Probably no one more so than Tucker, who fell asleep before we could even get his bed to our room!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear everything went so well! Sounds like you had a great time! Excited to see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete