Sunday, January 5, 2014

Back to reality...

So, I have to go back to school tomorrow, and I'm kind of bummed super sad about it! I've enjoyed the laid back pace and opportunity to relax that the break provided. The day-to-day tasks to run a household - cooking dinner, doing laundry, picking up toys - don't seem like monumental tasks when there is not school and grading and pumping and getting both boys ready and to daycare. While there are some good things about going back - Andrew is excited about seeing his friends, and I think he thrives on the routine of school, I'm not excited about feeling constantly busy and unable to relax. Having two kids in daycare has been a challenge, and it doesn't help that Jonathan will be working nights this month! (Any prayers that you can spare would be appreciated!)

I'm not really the new years resolution type of person - I usually have good intentions and pretty terrible follow-though, but I think I'm going to try to be positive about what I have/where I am, and not waste time worrying/hoping for things that I can't do/don't have. If I figure out how to do that, I'll let you know! I know that we have so much to look forward to in 2014 - especially watching two little boys grow and learn knew things. I'm excited to see the changes this spring brings, especially as we approach having a one-year-old and a four-year-old(!!!). Hopefully I'll continue to find time to document the exciting things going on with the boys this second half of the school year!

And now, I wanted to share some cute pictures that we took of Benny the day after Christmas. We took Andrew down to the amenities center to practice riding his bike (no success yet - he refuses to pedal!). Benny was along for the outing and was as cute as ever! I don't think I could ever get enough of his beautiful blue eyes or the two cute little teeth on the bottom. I know I'm biased, but I think he's pretty adorable!






2 comments:

  1. You guys are always in my prayers!! I Hope this month goes smoothly. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Steph, you constantly amaze me with all you can balance. Praying for a smooth month. And yes, that little Benny boo is quite precious!

    ReplyDelete