Now that Andrew is talking more now (or rather, we are understanding more now), I thought I would want to record all of his cute ways of saying things. I know that soon enough he will be talking like a big kid, and I'll forget these cute toddler babbles. Even though we still can't understand everything he says, I love being able to communicate with him and understand things he is telling us. I think he has definitely reached the age of the "word explosion" - I feel like he is learning new words each day, and saying things that I didn't even know that he knew (Note to self: don't say anything I don't want repeated!). He is still repeating most things we say, but is also spontaneously using words to get things from us or to point things out - I love it!
Here are some of Andrew's words and their translations:
La lu = Love you!
Boppies = pacifiers... I'm not sure where this came from, but he will point to them and say "Boppies, boppies!" until we give them to him! He also calls his Boppy pillow a boppy, and occasionally will call berries "boppies". Maybe it is just his word for things he likes a lot!
A-tl-doos = Apple juice; which is funny, because he says apple, and he says juice, but all together it sounds like one big word.
Wawer = Water
Peba = Pizza
Tuter = Tucker
Baby = Bailey or baby
Bama or Nana = Grandma
Bapa = Grandpa
Wi = Wine... One day I was drinking a glass with dinner and he pointed and said "wi". This was one of those words that I had no clue he knew. Apparently we drink wine more than I realized, haha. Now he will walk by the wine rack and point and say "wi"! A boy after his Grandpa Mike's heart!
Booba = Goosebump... Jonathan started saying this to him one day to make him laugh and he cracked up. Now he'll try to say it also!
Dit-ders = stickers
He says many more things that I can't remember, so I'll try to update with future versions of Things Andrew Says. He says a lot of things correctly too, like Mama (finally!), Dada, Bumblebee, bubbles, and bye. It's amazing how fast his vocabulary is developing. This is such a fun time!
No comments:
Post a Comment